hat is the Section 60i Certificate?

It is necessary to obtain a Section 60i Certificate from a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (Mediator) before applying to a Family Court for an Order in relation to a child.

This requirement applies to new Applications, as well as Applications seeking changes to an existing Court Order.

In limited circumstances, it is possible to be exempted from attempting Mediation, for example, in cases of urgency or when family violence has occurred.

The requirement of the Section 60i Certificate has in effect made attending Mediation compulsory if parenting matters are in dispute.

At Family Law Mediation SA, we can issue Section 60i Certificates.